In honor of Labor Day weekend, Tim discusses work ethic and how it relates to our relationship with Christ and the work we do on his behalf.
Here are some suggestions to consistently function with a high work ethic:
- Learn to make the task fun regardless of whether you like it or not. It is all in your attitude.
- Break down the task into small, bite sized portions. Baby step the job.
- Learn to prioritize the aspects of your job, task, or project in order to establish a plan of action.
- Stay focused. Don’t get preoccupied with meaningless things. Let go of things that don’t matter.
- Don’t work based on how you feel, just do what needs to be done. Don’t wait for this incredible rush of motivation. Discipline and self-control are developed through this process.
- Complete something. Accomplish one or more of the bite sized portions. Don’t move on to multiple things while leaving the others undone.
- Acknowledge your accomplishments, whether small or large, with yourself. This will help you see positive progress. Nothing wrong with being your own coach.