Tim continues speaking from Romans 12:1-2 about the process of transformation. If Jesus is alive in us, then we should be changing. Why are change and transformation not normal for the church?
The whole godly process of transformation is the opposite of our natural way of thinking. It starts on the inside and comes out. Only God can change a heart. Transformation is an inside-out process.
Why transformation is not the normal Christian pursuit:
- We don't really need God's help.
- We are content and satisfied with things just the way they are. There is a level of complacency with no motivation.
- We are scared of the cost.
- We are overwhelmed by the process. A lot of us fall prey to the evil one. This idea of perfectionism becomes overwhelming.
- No desire whatsoever. Happy to attend and be involved in church, but no desire for transformation.
Jesus died for our souls and we need to focus on the transformation going on within. He's more concerned about our heart, soul, and mind.
Video about Lecrae's transformation: